Passa ai contenuti principali

The Invasion of Chesterton


Mr. Ahlquist hangs out with his best buddy in Piazza del Popolo.


The boys look very, very natural, strolling through the streets of Rome.


Hanging on the Spanish steps, also looking very, very natural. We also took some time to admire the Rolex billboard on the side of the church at the top of the steps.


Ah. Romulus and Remus reunite with their foster-mother.


At the Hassler Roof restaurant. Reputedly Chesterton stayed at this hotel, and ate at this restaurant some eighty-something years ago. At least that's what Mr. Ahlquist told us. I think he just really, really wanted to eat there. I can understand why. I'm not sure that his pocket did though.


Mr. Ahlquist gets cozy with Thomas Aquinas.


Father and son trying very hard to look very cool. I suppose they do a pretty decent job of it.


What is it with Mr. Ahlquist with this gold film guy anyway? I don't know.


Romulus and Remus enjoy the newest edition of Gilbert! magazine, complements of the president of the Chesterton society.


Mr. Ahlquist gives some talk about something or other in some icon shop somewhere in Rome or something. Anyway, it drew a pretty darn good crowd.


My future library. In the residence for American priests studying for their doctorate. They don't know it's my future library yet.


Translating the Latin text of St. Augustine's confessions. Me and Julian got through about a sentence and a half completely unaided. We felt pretty good about it. And after I took the book off the shelf I happened to notice that it was printed in 1729 and promptly freaked out and then spilled my pen with ink all over it. Actually, that's not true. But it was printed in 1729.


Chilling at the our favourite bar on Mr. Ahlquists last night in Rome. Good times. Oh and please ignore the fact that I look like a complete moron. You think you'd all be used to it by now.


Yes, that is a Caravaggio.

Commenti

Anonimo ha detto…
'mirabile dictu' is what I call my bedroom; always finding a treasure.

Been out to Tre Fontane on via Laurentina yet? Sip some of the eucalyptus 'tonic' - un digestif on peut dire.

Post popolari in questo blog

Be distracted

Some of you may have noticed that there haven't been many updates on this blog for some time. Besides the fact that I one day woke up and suddenly realized that perhaps I should get a life, there's also the fact that we in Rome are immersed in the midst of finals, while trying to balance the difficult task of having as much fun as humanly possible. This blog has fallen a tad to the wayside. And so, to distract you from the fact that there haven't been very many pretty photos lately to allow you to vicariously live the awesome lives that we Romans lead and to alleviate some of the burden of your own mind-numbing existence, I thought perhaps it would do well to distract you all with this one. Julian has admitted that it is appropriate that he pay penance for not putting his own two cents into this blog on a more regular basis, but questions whether or not promulgating this photo to the world might be a little too severe. I think it is appropriate. Clint's suffering is pur

At Rome's Opera House Several weeks ago

This is just way too cool not to put up. From the opera house. I just wish blogger would let it be a little bigger. (Courtesy of Danni Ampi) From the ballet several weeks ago at the opera house.